Another salad that I just love, of course one because it’s super easy and two, because it’s more like a treat or a dessert. I like to keep the nuts and raisins separate and measure out the amount I want when I’m going to eat. I don’t count the calories of the carrots or the shredded coconut but the raisins and nuts can add up.
I normally will add 1 to 2 table spoons of both raisins and nuts to the salad depending on how many calories I’d like for this snack or meal.
- 5 cups of loosely grated carrots.
- 1 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup raisins
- ¾ cup nuts of your choice
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- In a large bowl combine carrot and coconut.
- Add in olive oil and lemon juice and mix well.
- Add in raisins and nuts to whole salad or serve on the side.